Ecogee is the North West’s leading Solar PV experts
Ecogee has been at the forefront of renewable energy and energy saving for 12 years, leading the way with Solar PV and battery installation across the North West.
We specialise in design and installation of Solar PV and battery storage systems.
- Reduce your electricity usage
- We design your system to meet your needs
- Battery systems are specified to minimise your reliance on the grid and store any excess generation
- Receive SEG (Smart Export Guarantee) so you are paid for the excess you generate
The Smart Export Guarantee is a government backed initiative that requires some electricity suppliers to pay for law carbon electricity that is exported back to the National Grid.
How do Solar PV Panels work?
Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels are made up using photovoltaic cells that capture solar radiation (energy) from the sun and convert it into electricity. The cells are set between semi-conducting materials, usually silicon. When light shines on the material it becomes energised and creates a flow of electricity. The solar cells don’t need direct sunlight to generate electricity as they react to visible light therefore allowing them to work even on cloudy days.
The electricity must then pass through an inverter to make it suitable for use in the home. The solar cells initially generate a DC current (direct current) which must be converted to an AC current (alternating current) before being useable. The inverter is normally positioned inside your home and as close to the solar panels as possible, such as the loft or garage. Micro inverters are also available and tuck beneath each solar panel.
What are the benefits of Solar PV?
If you’re interested in solar PV, but unsure if it’s the right thing for you, here are a few reasons to choose solar panels.
- Solar power is a renewable energy source.
- Your energy bills will be reduced as you’re generating your own electricity.
- It’s possible to receive payments for the electricity that you generate and don’t use.
- Solar panels protect you against future energy price increases.
- Reduced energy bills appeal to buyers and will increase the value of your property.
- Most solar panel installations don’t require any planning permission and can be installed in 1-2 days (depending on the project).
- Once installed, solar panels require very little maintenance.
- When used with battery storage, you can store and use the generated power at night.
- Solar panels generate electricity silently – no noise for you or your neighbours.